Hey guys, so this is something that I don’t normally do since there are a million beauty bloggers but I just wanted to share a product that I’ve kinda fell in love with over the past week.
Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation.
Quick background on my skin and what I like for my foundation to be like. I have have pretty good skin, not too oily or too dry. I have freckles and a VERY dark under eye area, my freckles can peek through but not those circles! I like my foundation:
- buildable- I want to be able to use this for everyday or stage make up.
- a velvet or matte finish without being overly drying.
- long lasting. It HAS to be able to put up with 8+ hour work days and performing as well as hold up to any oil break through without the foundation breaking apart.
- match my skin tone/look as natural as I want it to be (I’m pale with an extremely neutral base but I lean a touch more yellow).
- Not be cakey, which is usually an application issue but not always.
Needless to say, that’s a very tall order. I like to set my make up and not have to worry about it till later in the day. I noticed a review between two mousse foundations on Youtube and decided to try it since I was already using Revlon’s Photoready (which is nice, but too thin for my needs).
Oh man am I impressed. I really adore the texture and how buildable it is. For everyday I’ve been doing one thin layer all over buffed in with a MAC skunk brush, glamoflage conceler from hardcandy where needed and some Rimmel setting powder in translucent. I wore it for my 14 hour shift on Black Friday and it stayed on from 5:30am till 10pm with some fading around 7pm. I went to a wedding on Saturday and It stayed perfectly, I did two thinish layers of the foundation and it never got cakey. On top of all that I have the flu/a cold so I’ve been blowing my nose a lot with minimal product wearing off.
Obviously this foundation wont be great for everyone but It’s really working for me and I just wanted to share that with everyone.